Funds Raised To Date: £258.04 (RM1574.04)
Rate: £1 = RM6.1
Last updated: 1 October 2007

Total Money Spent To Date: £157.65 (RM961.65)
Remaining Funds To Date: £100.39 (RM612.39)
Last updated: 16 June 2008

Sunday, 4 May 2008

The Fundraising Projects

Dear all,

Sorry that this update came 7 months late. I was too caught up with things. Hence, this blog was put to rest.
____

Note: The following are exerpts taken from "My Story, My Life".
____

Below are the following fundraising projects I embarked on in my attempt to raise funds for the Autumn 2007 expedition.

Sold cupcakes.... RM5 each..

Cupcakes: The Night Before...


*yeah, rip-off I know! But super cute la! I remember customers asking me whether they are edible!*


NOTE: They were donated courtesy of Shalia. (PS: Do check out her site, she makes the loveliest cuppies ever!) The lovely lady who agreed to make them for me! Sold almost all of them bout 90 I think :) But in all, the 1U event wasn't a success. Another lesson to be learnt! Wanna know more? Gimme a buzz!


Sold old junks... Kudos to ZY for the junk-collecting effort. Double salute for 'going green' by using public transport summore!

Tribute to the man who did it all with public transport! *salute*
(Picture taken during Charlie's FR, January 2008. Picture credits: Jer Rei)

Bet you would never want to go through that again now that you can 'lou lup' the little mousedeer that drinks like a camel already! *winks*
*Thanks! We couldn't have made it by for your efforts. And Vincent's 24/7 help too!* Not forgetting the others who dropped by to support us!

Our stall.... during our FR, September 2007...

(Picture credits: My pariah + ciplak K610i camera)

Life as a 'pasar malam' trader was tough....


(Picture credits: Zhi Yong)

We've learnt how to give press-interviews.... Which was interesting...

Vincent, ZY and I, with Sharmini and The Star (R.A.G.E.) photographer
(Picture credits: ZY's camera, picture taken by Christal)

NOTE: Totally unexpected call for an interview! As all I wanted was for them to publish a short write-up about our fundraising event at 1 Utama. But yeah, enjoyable experience!

(Picture Credits: Zhi Yong)

Oh yes, I sold postcards too! They were the most profitable of all!!! That in fact, made up for about 60% of the funds raised.

A sample of the postcards I sent to my donors. 'Outsourced' from Vincent.


And yes, we sold t-shirts as well! A joint-venture between Vincent, Zhi Yong, Yen Jun, Ee Laine and I.

Anyone interested?? We still have a couple of them left!!! RM5 each!!!!!

Not the most flattering of pics, but it's the best one I have of someone wearing our t-shirts...

-LV-

No comments: